Now Hiring: Sexual Assault Advocate
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Hours: Full Time, hourly, 40 hours per week
- At least 2 years’ experience in Sexual Violence and/or Domestic Violence and educational background necessary to fulfill responsibilities
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, sexual assault, and related issues
- Demonstrated sense of reliability and responsibility
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of social justice issues, criminal justice system, and victim services preferred
- Able to have a flexible schedule that allows for some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention services
- Provide supportive counseling services
- Coordinate emergency transportation, financial help, and emergency housing
- Provide on call and back-up on call services for hotline and Lethality Assessment Program
- Maintain accurate records of all activities that are necessary for program evaluation and monitoring. Assist with completion of grant reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and statistics on all clients and services provided and enter into the VaData program daily.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork for all clients
- Support outreach, community collaboration, and public awareness efforts
- Abide by all Confidentiality and Personnel guidelines.
- Assist with volunteer trainings
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to workforce diversity and hiring people with diverse backgrounds and life experiences. Survivors, people who are bilingual/bicultural, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ and transgender are strongly encouraged to apply.