As a Phoenix Project volunteer, you can help us achieve our mission ensuring freedom from all forms of domestic and sexual violence. This is done through outreach, advocacy, and supportive services.
Many volunteer opportunities are available and training is provided. The amount of training needed depends on the area you would like to volunteer. Whether you want to volunteer on a regular basis or want to help out on events, there is a place for you at Phoenix Project.
- Hotline Volunteer: Be trained to answer our hotline and provide victims with the help they need when they need it.
- Event Support: Help us plan and work events that bring awareness to the community.
- Fundraising: Have any fundraising ideas you would like to share? Want to help raise money for this worthy cause? Join our fundraising committee to help plan, sell tickets, promote event and plan to participate in events, to include set up and clean up.
- Newsletter: Do you have experience designing a newsletter? Have time to help address and prepare newsletters for mailings?
- Brochure Distribution: Want to help raise awareness by delivering and handing out brochures?
- Transportation: Provide transportation to clients.
- Safe House: Have space in your home to house victims until they can get more permanent housing?
- Group Facilitator: Assist in leading groups.
- Childcare: Provide childcare during our groups.
For more information, please contact our volunteer coordinator Melanie Stull @ email@example.com or 540-635-2302 – ext 2002.
$16.00 Background check fee is due at time of application.